Blog #1 Introduction

My name is Tyson Jensen and I consider myself to be from West Valley City, Utah, which is right near Salt Lake City, UT.  I love all kinds of sports, whether its playing or watching them.  I am a pretty avid Utah Jazz and BYU football fan.  I spent two years on a LDS mission in Italy.  I am generally a pretty energetic person.

I love the fact that I lived in such a diverse place (for Utah) and that I could spend some time overseas.  It gave me opportunity to be around and associate myself with people that are different than me in many ways. It paved the way for a lot of the things that I believe in about people.  I hope to teach Psychology in this class because of the fascination I have with people and why they do the things they do.  I love every aspect of psychology because of the experience it was for me to learn and continue to learn.  It has made me more self aware of why I do certain things, which in turn I hope to help others receive that same knowledge and awareness.  Psychology is a lot more than just taking information in; it is a way for people to understand themselves better in order to make their lives better.

My minor is Spanish teaching and I love the opportunity to be able to teach languages because of the wonderful mind opening that experience also can be.  I speak both Italian and Spanish fluently and I guess learning those two languages has sparked my interest in divulging language to others.  Learning another language is quite different in terms of how you approach it and how to test how well someone is learning.  It has its unique challenges that I am willing to take in order to give students the best chance of learning it.

Comments

  1. It's nice to get to know you all better and to understand what motivates you to teach...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #2 Connecting School and Home Experiences

Final Blog Post - Synthesis of Course